Post Graduate Diploma in Computer Applications (PGDCA) Course Objective
- Post Graduate Diploma in Computer Application is a diploma level computer science program.
- Distance PGDCA is a one-year post-graduate diploma in the field of computer science. The course is usually divided into two semesters, each of six months duration.
- Any Graduate can do this course.
- The Distance PGDCA would help students to acquire both scientific and computer knowledge that covers the basics of computer science. Students get equipped with ICT Tools, C Programming, packages like Tally, Oracle – VB, Web Designing, Computer Organization, and Architecture, using C++, Soft Skills Development, Management Process, and OB, Database Management Systems, Data Structure using Java, and the Project.
- Distance PGDCA is indeed a smarter choice for you if you are a graduate and want to persuade a professional course that saves your time and money.
Do you have any query? Fill here !
|1||Dedicated academic advisor and personal support|
|2||Modern up-to-date curriculum|
|3||Alumni Interaction, Guest lectures, faculty interaction|
|4||Books and Study material received via courier|
|5||Student learning Management System|
|6||Course Syllabus, Study Presentations / Notes on LMS|
|7||Easy Fee payment including installments & EMIs plans|
|8||100% placement assistance in companies of repute for all meritorious students|
|9||Globally Accepted Degree|
- Working on live and time-bound projects gives the student first-hand experience of the corporate culture. The process also helps them develop a professional attitude, sense of responsibility, analytical ability and leadership qualities as required by the Industry.
- Performance of the students is evaluated, regularly on the basis of Assignments, Case-Studies, Project Report, Presentation and Semester-end Examinations.
PGDCA COURSE STRUCTURE
- The above course curriculum is subject to revision as per UGC guidelines from time to time and as per industry updates.
- Exams would be conducted during the December and July exam cycles.
- Student will have to submit assignments for each subject.
- Examinations carry 70% and assignments carry 30% weightage.
- Bachelor degree in any discipline from a recognized University
- Medium of Instruction : English
After completing Distance PGDCA, student will be able to find a decent job in the following places –
- IT Companies
- Tech firms
- E-Commerce firms
- Software development Companies
- IT consultancies
One can able to do the following roles – software developer, IT specialist, database manager/administrator, project manager, etc. You may also explore the path of self-employment (freelance software developer, entrepreneur, consultant etc.).
Some of the Top IT Companies who prefer PGDCA Graduates over engineering graduates and our IT students are recruited in prestigious organizations like :
- Wipro Technologies
- HCL Technologies
- Patni Computers
- Tech Mahindra
- WNS GS
- Royal Bank of Scotland
- PlanMan Media
- Hewitt International
- Pitney Bowes
- AajTak – TV Today
- Belzabar Software Design Sol.
- Agilient Technologies
- R Systems
- Keane India
What our learners have to say...
“The MBA programme at Jagannath University offered a perfect mix of theoretical as well as practical learning and facilitated in building a solid foundation.”Riya MAKHIJAMBA Batch: 2012-14
“As a working professional, we have to juggle with family, work and other commitments. With less time to pursue higher studies, the online platform at Jagannath University is a boon for us.”Deepika JainMCA Batch : 2013-16
“If you are looking to grow as a person believe me Jagannath University is a place for you, because here you will invest less & will take away a lot.”Mani Bhushan JhaBBA Batch : 2014-17