Post Graduate Diploma in Computer Applications (PGDCA) Course Objective
- The Post Graduate Diploma in computer application aims at inculcating essential skills as demanded by the global software industry through interactive learning process.
- This also includes team building skills, audio-visual presentations and personality development programs.
- The program enhances analytical and communication skill besides inculcating the virtues of self study.
- The curriculum has been designed to cater the ever changing demands of information technology along with necessary inputs from the industry.
- The objective of the course is to develop skilled manpower in the various areas of information technology.
Do you have any query? Fill here !
|1||Sector-specific and job-oriented|
|2||Modern up-to-date curriculum|
|3||Lateral entry for diploma holders in the related degree programmes|
|4||Effective Personal Contact Programme|
|5||Adequate hands-on training for Computer Practicals|
|6||Examination conducted twice in a year|
- Working on live and time-bound projects gives the student first-hand experience of the corporate culture. The process also helps them develop a professional attitude, sense of responsibility, analytical ability and leadership qualities as required by the Industry.
- Performance of the students is evaluated, regularly on the basis of Assignments, Case-Studies, Project Report, Presentation and Semester-end Examinations.
Following are some of the opportunities or segments for PGDCA Students
- Desktop Publishing
- System Maintanance
- Software Development
- Financial Institutions
- Faculty in training institutes and schools
- Government Departments and Agencies
- Electrical and Electronics OEM
- Security and Surveillance
- Software Programming
Internships and Placements
The IT students are taken in as interns and recruited in prestigious organizations like :
- Wipro Technologies
- HCL Technologies
- Patni Computers
- Tech Mahindra
- WNS GS
- Royal Bank of Scotland
- PlanMan Media
- Hewitt International
- Pitney Bowes
- AajTak – TV Today
- Belzabar Software Design Sol.
- Agilient Technologies
- R Systems
- Keane India
What our learners have to say...
“The MBA programme at Jagannath University offered a perfect mix of theoretical as well as practical learning and facilitated in building a solid foundation.”Riya MAKHIJAMBA Batch: 2012-14
“As a working professional, we have to juggle with family, work and other commitments. With less time to pursue higher studies, the online platform at Jagannath University is a boon for us.”Deepika JainMCA Batch : 2013-16
“If you are looking to grow as a person believe me Jagannath University is a place for you, because here you will invest less & will take away a lot.”Mani Bhushan JhaBBA Batch : 2014-17