Distance MCA ( Master of Computer Applications) Course Detail
- School of Distance learning Jagannath University offers 3 years
- Distance MCA Program under distance learning mode.
- Distance MCA emphasizes the latest programming languages and tools to develop better and faster applications.
- It is a flexible course offered by Jagannath University through distance learning mode and is best for working professionals as it is a convenient method of completing higher education parallel with the job.
- Students get to know more about Algorithm analysis and design, Programming in C++, Java, Fundamentals of Computer, the concept of application software system, data mining, system designing, computer network, warehousing, enterprise resource planning, web designing etc.
- Distance MCA syllabus is formulated to enable candidates to have a stable and prospering career in the IT industry.
The course duration is of 3 years divided into 6 semesters
Do you have any query? Write us now !
Career After Distance MCA
- An individual with a Distance MCA degree may land a job in government as well as the private sector. Many top software companies, consultancy firms and large corporations across India recruit an MCA graduate.
- Some of the companies hiring MCAs include NTPC, GAIL, BHEL, Accenture, Infosys, Wipro, TCS, Cognizant, IBM, etc.
- However, if you wish to enhance your IT skills, you could opt for pursuing PhD /M.Phil. You can also consider becoming a lecturer of Computer Science / Communication Technology in a college offering MCA programs.
- The job profiles you can get into once you have an MCA degree in hand:
- App Developer
- Business Analyst
- Database Engineer
- Graphic Designer
- Manual Tester
- Mobile Developer
- Network Engineer
- Project Manager
- Quality Analyst
- Software Programmer/ Engineer/Developer/Application Architect
- Systems Analyst
- Software Consultant
- Social Media Handler
- Technical writer
- Web developer
|1||Dedicated academic advisor and personal support|
|2||Successful alumni in more than 150 + organizations|
|3||Modern up-to-date curriculum|
|4||Lateral entry for diploma holders / BCA / B.sc in computer science / B.tech in the related degree programs|
|5||Books and Study material received via courier|
|6||Student learning Management System (LMS)|
|7||Course Syllabus, Study Presentations / Notes on LMS|
|8||Easy Fee payment including installments & EMIs plans|
|9||Placement in Top IT Companies|
|10||Alumni Interaction, Guest lectures and faculty interaction|
- Working on live and time-bound projects gives the student first-hand experience of the corporate culture. The process also helps them develop a professional attitude, sense of responsibility, analytical ability and leadership qualities as required by the Industry.
- Performance of the students is evaluated, regularly on the basis of Assignments, Case-Studies, Project Report, Presentation and Semester-end Examinations.
MCA Distance Learning Program Structure
- The above course curriculum is subject to revision as per UGC guidelines from time to time and as per industry updates.
- Exams would be conducted during the December and July exam cycles.
- Student will have to submit assignments for each subject.
- Examinations carry 70% and assignments carry 30% weightage.
Distance MCA Course Fee & Eligibility
- Total Semester: 6
- Duration of the course: 3 years
- Registration fee: 500
- Program fee: 13,500 per semester
- Examination fee: 1000 per semester
- Lateral Entry ( without extra fee / charges): 2 years
- Distance MCA Course has been divided into two semesters per year (January – June and July – December). Consequently, there will be two exams every year – one in the month of July and the other is December
- The students are at liberty to appear any of the exams conducted by the University during the year subject to completing the minimum time frame and other formalities prescribed for the Distance MCA Course.
- The minimum time provided by the university to complete the distance MCA Course is 3 years and the students have been provided with the relaxation up to a maximum of 5 years
- Any Bachelor’s degree of minimum 3 (three) year duration from a recognized University.
- Aspirants should have studied Mathematics subject in the 10+2 standard or graduation level
- Lateral entry for diploma holders / BCA / B.SC in computer science/B.tech in the related degree programs .
- Medium of Instruction: English
Master Of Computer Application Career Opportunities
- Lot of Job opportunities are available in the field of MCA. Candidates having an MCA degree may have great employment opportunities in top IT companies and top consultancy firms.
- At present, with the advancement of IT & Communication systems, people with good computer application skills are highly demanded in IT sector.
- MCA qualified students can find jobs easily in government and private sector. Numerous job are available in both the sectors. Candidates can get profiles as per their skills and caliber.
The Management students are recruited in prestigious organizations like:
What our learners have to say...
“The MBA programme at Jagannath University offered a perfect mix of theoretical as well as practical learning and facilitated in building a solid foundation.”Riya MAKHIJAMBA Batch: 2012-14
“As a working professional, we have to juggle with family, work and other commitments. With less time to pursue higher studies, the online platform at Jagannath University is a boon for us.”Deepika JainMCA Batch : 2013-16
“If you are looking to grow as a person believe me Jagannath University is a place for you, because here you will invest less & will take away a lot.”Mani Bhushan JhaBBA Batch : 2014-17