Master of Computer Application Course Objective
- The MCA program prepares students to obtain up positions as system analysts, systems designers, Programmers and managers in any field related to information technology.
- The program, therefore, aims at imparting comprehensive knowledge with equal emphasis on theory and practice.
- The MCA students are encouraged to spend a full semester working in the industry in the institute giving them insight into the workings of the IT world.
- However, the course curriculum will have enough flexibility to enable a student to undertake advanced studies in computer science later on.
MCA course offered by Jagannath University
- The program is divided in six semesters. The first three semesters provide a strong foundation of basics and core concepts of Information Technology whereas the next two semesters lay emphasis on the web and networking concepts.
- The program equips students with the skills and relevant competence to handle all practical problems faced in the industry.
Do you have any query? Write us now !
|2||Modern up-to-date curriculum|
|3||Lateral entry for diploma holders in the related degree programmes|
|4||Effective Personal Contact Programme|
|5||Adequate hands-on training for Computer Practicals|
|6||Examination conducted twice in a year|
- Working on live and time-bound projects gives the student first-hand experience of the corporate culture. The process also helps them develop a professional attitude, sense of responsibility, analytical ability and leadership qualities as required by the Industry.
- Performance of the students is evaluated, regularly on the basis of Assignments, Case-Studies, Project Report, Presentation and Semester-end Examinations.
Fee & Eligibility
- Fee – Rs. 12,500/- per semester
- Eligibility – Bachelor degree in any discipline from a recognized University
Master Of Computer Application Career Opportunities
- Lot of Job opportunities are available in the field of MCA. Candidates having an MCA degree may have great employment opportunities in top IT companies and top consultancy firms.
- At present, with the advancement of IT & Communication systems, people with good computer application skills are highly demanded in IT sector.
- MCA qualified students can find jobs easily in government and private sector. Numerous job are available in both the sectors. Candidates can get profiles as per their skills and caliber.
Internships and Placements
The IT students are taken in as interns and recruited in prestigious organizations like :
- Wipro Technologies
- HCL Technologies
- Patni Computers
- Tech Mahindra
- WNS GS
- Royal Bank of Scotland
- PlanMan Media
- Hewitt International
- Pitney Bowes
- AajTak – TV Today
- Belzabar Software Design Sol.
- Agilient Technologies
- R Systems
- Keane India
What our learners have to say...
“The MBA programme at Jagannath University offered a perfect mix of theoretical as well as practical learning and facilitated in building a solid foundation.”Riya MAKHIJAMBA Batch: 2012-14
“As a working professional, we have to juggle with family, work and other commitments. With less time to pursue higher studies, the online platform at Jagannath University is a boon for us.”Deepika JainMCA Batch : 2013-16
“If you are looking to grow as a person believe me Jagannath University is a place for you, because here you will invest less & will take away a lot.”Mani Bhushan JhaBBA Batch : 2014-17